Dr. Ghulam Murtuza & Mumtaz Unnisa Begum Scholarship
"An academic scholarship program for meritorious but financially challenged first year degree level students"
Dr. Ghulam Murtuza grew up in Hyderabad Deccan. In a period when education in sciences was rare, he studied medicine and became one of the early graduates of Osmania University in 1939. He married Mumtaz Unnisa Begum and together they raised nine children who went on to earn degrees in medicine, engineering and the sciences. In a career spanning over 40 years Dr. Ghulam Murtuza treated numerous patients in Hyderabad and in the districts, often as the only doctor for hundreds of miles. Dr. Ghulam Murtuza and Mumtaz Unnisa Begum's life work was one of kindness and benevolence; always helping people and encouraging education.
Requesting Application for 2015-2016
The Scholarship committee is requesting applications from meritorious but financially disadvantaged students who have passed H.S.C.(Science) in 2015 and currently studying in 2015-2016 session of Nursing, Medical Health Technology, Agriculture, B.Sc. Honors in Genetic Engineering, Biotechnology and Micro-Biology, MBBS/BDS and Textile Engineering and have a combined GPA of 9.6 in S.S.C and H.S.C without fourth subject (for Nursing and Medical Technology, the GPA requirement is relaxed to 9). Selected students will be awarded with one time scholarship of Tk.20,000 (Taka Twenty Thousand Only).
Eligible students are requested to mail application by December 18, 2016 with the followings -
- Three copies of Passport style recent photos (attested by teach of the currently enrolled institute)
- A certificate of enrollment from the current educational institute (certified by the head of the institute/Hall Super/Provost)
- Photocopy of Mark-Sheet and Transcript (certified by the teacher of the currently enrolled institute)
- The applicant needs to send a self-hand-written essay in Bangla limiting between 300-400 words describing why he/she deserves the scholarship
Scholarships Distributed for 2013-2014
Scholarships for 2013-2014 session have been distributed. Please check the Recipient List 2013-2014. Click the picture above to visit the photo gallery.
Each year, 40-45 students who are studying in the entry level University/College program in the following fields , after completing the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), will receive Dr. Ghulam Murtuza and Mumtaz Unnisa Begum Scholarship. The fields and the allotted scholarships numbers are as following -
- Nursing (Female students only) 10 scholarships,
- Medical Technologist in Health Technology- Ultra-sonogram, Pathology, Physiotherapy, Radiology, X-ray etc (5 Male and 5 Female students) 10 scholarships
- Agriculture (5 Male and 5 Female students) 10 scholarships
- B.Sc Honors in Genetic Engineering,Biotechnology and Micro-Biology (5 Female students only) 5 scholarships.
- MBBS/BDS and Textile Engineering (10 Female students only) 10 scholarships.
The selection criteria will be based on home location of the students (village, town, and city), parents' occupation and income, number of family members, result of the students in public examinations, and any other criterion set by the Donor and ISKS Award Committee.
Selection of the scholarship recipients will be made from applications received through advertisement published in national daily news papers. Application forms will also be sent to different Departments of Universities/Colleges. The applications will be reviewed and evaluated by the members of the ISKS Award Committee. The top scorers/applicants will be selected for the scholarship.
The period of scholarship will be one year (twelve months) i.e. first year of the program. Fresh candidates will be selected for the scholarship each year at entry point.
The scholarship money will be paid through Account Payee cheques in two installments in Bangladesh currency ((each amounting to about Tk.10,000.00 (Taka Ten thousand) only.
Application/s will not be acceptable if any information in the application is found wrong/false at any stage. Any attempt to influence the committee in any manner will disqualify the candidature.
The ISKS Award Committee will take decisions about the Scholarship.
If the Donor wants any changes, modifications, or additions of the criteria set for the scholarship award, he may do so at any time.